Ben and I made a big batch of carmel corn then mixed it with plain popcorn (to cut the sweet) for our movie night with our neighbor and good friend, Wendy. Ben loves his time in the kitchen and it is one of my favorite ways of spending one on one time with him. It can feel overwhelming sometimes when there are three kids in the kitchen...a bit harder to focus but when it is just us, it really is fun.
Ben and I enjoying our moment!
The popcorn was a success - we ate almost all of it. The only thing I would have changed was adding peanuts. It would have been a nice compliment. The kids did vote that they liked the recipe for popcorn balls we used for Sam's Little House birthday party which had molasses so was a darker, richer flavor.
Here the kids are enjoying Clifford with Wendy just as planned! A perfect Friday night.



No comments:
Post a Comment