We really love food. The kids are mostly open to trying new things and although they don't know it, the eat and enjoy many things that most kids haven't even tried.
We spend a lot of time cooking with our children. Each day they have a chance to chop, stir, grind flour, etc, etc. S is especially getting interested in making her own recipes and cooking on her own. Our youngest, B, is insistent on being right at the stove pouring the pancake batter, stirring the soup, etc, etc. We make bread weekly, are continuously making kombucha tea and kefir. I often wonder what people when they see all the interesting things we grow and consume.
I wish I had more photos recording these moments but here are a few...
Noodles are always our backup. We always remember to tell S how she learned to eat noodles the "proper way" from PaPa Gene.
We made a cake to celebrate our neighbor, Sheila's and my birthday. We saw the idea for this cake in a magazine and it was easy and fun to make. Our neighbor friend, Nina, enjoyed helping out.


Bon Appetite!




No comments:
Post a Comment